Friday, January 4, 2008

Head Cleric of Triskele

I have been asked by Winkie, who is now the head of the Mages in Triskele, if I would like to take on the role of head cleric. The current head has been AWOL for almost two weeks now. There are clerics wandering throughout the land without any leadership or even anyone to make them a guild member.

And, while I said that I would sleep on it, I also said that the answer will most likely be yes.

I've consulted with the Princess, and she has given her consent. This will be an admistrative position. I will be a member of the Triskele council. The Cleric's Guild of Triskele currently has almost no structure whatsoever. I will be responsible for seeing that one is made. I will, of course, be relying heavily on the work that was done in Everwind to build that structure.

Triskele has a different basis than Everwind though. Everwind was very much D&D based. Triskele is not. Triskele is medival, and based on druid and celtic legends (I think...I have a lot of learning to do). The gods will not transfer directly, and I may need to do some tweaking.

I will also be working in close cooperation with the mages. And I hope beyond hope that the speakers for the gods for Everwind will be there to lend me a hand. Wren? I need you. Malakyte? I know you're busy, but any advice you can throw me would be appreciated.

I'm going under the assumption that I will be accepted as the head, but knowing that kings and queens can toss fire on you at random moments leaves me a little apprenhensive.

I am an administrator in real life, and not a bad one, if I do say so myself. I must admit, however, that I am a bit nervous about accepting the responsibilty and then dropping the ball. That is why I need a reliable team as backup. I intend to assure that there is more than one person who can hand out title changes. For a while, things are going to be crazy.

Triskele is more relaxed than Everwind. I'd like to keep it that way. This is about having fun, first and foremost. But being a cleric can give one a great deal of personal satisfaction. I would like all of the Acolytes and clerics to be able to experience this satisfaction, and have a good time doing it.

Hmmm...as head of the clerics of Triskele, I wonder if I can declare myself Pope? I suppose not. That name is already taken for use in some other religion.

Peace out. Hugs to everyone who wants or needs one, whether you are brave enough to ask for one or not.

No comments: