Sunday, January 6, 2008

Another try

Bri, the head of the Cleric's guild of Triskele, did not seem to come in-world today. I had a meeting with Malakyte and Wren this evening and we discussed the future of the guild. We looked over the the draft of the gods notes that he left and discussed what we would do with them. While nine gods are currently listed, we think that six would be much more managable, and we decided that it would be best if I made an effort to become assisstant rather than to try to take over the guild. Winkie, head of the Mage's guild, and Snowblind, the dragon regent, both joined us later, and they both support me in my bid to become Second Cleric. At the very least I could add new members to the guild, which is something that hasn't been done for a while. One way or another something will happen tomorrow. I'm not trying to get people into trouble or to try for a overthrow of power. It's just role play. I just want to make sure that people can play as they want to.

While I missed PHC tonight, I did hear about the experience through the Princess, and I could hear Hestia talking about it as well. Lots of dancing, apparently. I did do some dancing in the Dark Queen's tavern and had a wonderful time. Tink tried to set me up with a mermaid who wore a very minuscule amount of clothing. I did some obligatory ogling, blushing, and vanishing, but in the end it amounted to just some fun. I kept hoping the Princess would come over wearing her camo silks, but she seemed continually distracted in her shopping. Still, it was good to meet people and make more friends.

The Princess spent a good portion of the day trying to get a green photograph of herself, and I spent a good portion of the day trying to help her. She ended up in quite a fetching shade of green, and between the two of us we managed to figure out Photoshop enough to crop it properly. I have to be honest...I've rarely seen a more counter intuitive program that Photoshop. I've tried to be open minded about it, but I still can't figure out some of the simplest things after trying to figure out how to use it for more than a year. I can get things done in Paint Shop Pro in a tenth of the time. Am I unique in having problems with Photoshop?

Nothing deep and insightful tonight. I feel pretty good tonight, but tomorrow the Princess has to give my animator a haircut or I'll be forced to wear a paper bag to work from now on. Safety and light and safe paths and fly the friendly skies and all that. Hugs to anyone who wants or needs one. Peace out.

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Update: Hair cut. Bag not needed, other than to hold all the hair I cut off!